Looks like many changes are due for engineering, but alas there still seems little love for us engineers in arenas. The Mind Amplification Dish might make a fun addon for BGs (with bonus points if it lets you combine them with a Spring Circlet), but the lack of arena-legal nitro boosts is a bit of a downer. What could be a light at the end of the tunnel is;
- The Spynocular belt attachment has been changed to a Frag Belt. The Frag Belt periodically produces a Cobalt Frag Bomb that can be used from the belt every 10 minutes (never runs out!).
No indication of whether or not it’s usable in arenas, while the M.A.D. specifically states it isn’t. Bombs can’t be used as such, but could this be different perhaps? Maybe this will be a 10min CD aoe stun for engineers? Here’s hoping!
- Increased benefits from Hyperspeed Accelerators, Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket and Reticulated Armor Webbing glove modifications.
Battleground/World PVP Changes
- Added a new Mind Amplification Dish attachment for helmets, allowing engineers to control other humanoid targets. Some restrictions apply: does not work in Arenas, dish sometimes reverses targets, unable to stack with other stat-improving head enchantments and makes your helmet look… stylish?
- The Cobalt Frag Bomb now incapacitates enemies within a 3-yard radius. A short cast time was added, but they are usable while moving. This change applies to any Cobalt Frag Bombs already created. The existing recipe now makes 3 at a time.
- Increased siege damage caused by Saronite Bombs and the Global Thermal Sapper Charge.
- Nitro Boosts: Now have a 5-second duration.
- Potion Injectors now increase the amount gained by 25% when used by engineers. Quantity produced by recipes for Runic Healing and Mana Injectors has been increased.
- Increased the passive bonuses provided by Springy Arachnoweave, Flexweave Underlay and Nitro Boosts.
- Added a schematic for a Goblin Welding Beam that can heal friendly mechanical or vehicle units.
- Box of Bombs no longer requires an anvil.
- Engineers can now learn to create a portable Wormhole Generator for Northrend. The Wormhole allows them to travel to different locations in Northrend, although the locations are sometimes in dangerous places.
- Mote Extractor now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
- A new repair bot has been added, and his name is Jeeves. He is the ultimate gentleman robot butler, able to perform all the mundane tasks of repairing, selling and buying junk for your entire raid. Additionally, he can open bank boxes for skilled engineers (350+). Jeeves is not destroyed when used, but due to pressing engagements, can only be summoned once an hour. The schematic for this handsome robot was said to be hidden within the parts of another robot â€“ hoping to be found by an engineer one day.
- Significantly reduced the cooldown on MOLL-E.
- A Steam-Powered Auctioneer has been added to the Dalaran Like Clockwork engineering shop, allowing access to one’s faction Auction House. The Steam-Powered Auctioneer was programmed with a superiority chip, and will only interact with Grand Master engineers.
- Transporter devices are no longer classified as trinkets and can be used directly from your inventory.
- The Ultrasafe Bullet Machine and Saronite Arrow Maker schematics have been simplified to create a full stack of the appropriate ammunition. No longer requires an anvil. Reduced the materials required to make this ammunition.
Original blue post here
More information (in a fun format) over at www.ofgnomesandrogues.com.